Monday 22 April 2013

Summer is Here! .... and some OLLDDD paintings followed by a recent character design assignment.




This is an ollddd painting. It was done at the end of 2012. yuck. It was done with traditional media, gouache on watercolour paper, however the contrast I added with photoshop makes it look awesome! 


This is an even olderrrr... painting.  However, I like how it turned out. The assignment was to replicate a painting of our choice. I went with the under the house scene from the Studio Ghibli film, The Secret World of Arriety. Perhaps not the most powerful story, but it had amazing layouts throughout. I was always fascinated by the idea of seeing the world through miniature size, and this film gave me the same intrinsic nostalgia as the day I played Zelda Minish Cap as a 12 year old. This painting took me around 15-20 hrs.


This is the original, scanned of the Arriety book I own.

Here is the black and white study, and this took me another 8-10 hrs.

This is Crowbar, your average mechanical crow (physically mechanical and is a mechanic professionally!)
The rest is self explanatory.... except the tire swing that looks like a leaf... (-_-;) This is actually a traditional drawing, it is done with a brush pen on printer paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment